OPEN-M, is a Control Unit with Intel Celeron-M 2 GHz CPU providing the computing power required for complex applications such as multi-axes machining centers. It can be used stand-alone, provided with a dual operating system (Windows CE and WES7) to execute both the real-time and HMI CNC software application (also from the market) on the same hardware.
OPEN-XL adopts a Dual Core CPU particularly suited for Dual Operating System configuration, for the simultaneous implementation of the Windows CE operating systems (real time) and Windows Embedded Standard (HMI). This OPENcontrol model can manage up to 24 Processes and 64 axes allow the management of a wide range of devices controlled by protocols:
- Mechatrolink III
- Mechatrolink I & II
- EtherCAT (CoE profiles)
- OS-Wire (custom OSAI)
Having a structure similar to the OPEN-M/XL, thanks to the i5 CPU, OPEN-XLi is the solution that best fits machining centers, where high performances are required.
OPEN-M/XL and OPEN-XLi can be completed with several types of OSAI Operator Panels such as OPENconsole and OPENconsole COMPACT, as well as simple touch-screen monitors. OPENcontrol product family allows to reach high finishing quality, high productivity and optimized management of machining centers through features like:
- Cobtrol of 5 axis machines (bi-rotary head) by Tool Center Point (TCP)
- Algorithms for High Speed Cutting (HSC)
- Complete 3D roto-translations.
- Gantry and dual axes management
- Look-ahead with 1024 pre-calculated blocks
- Velocity Feed Forward (VFF) calculation
- Jerk control using advanced algorithms
- Management of tool magazine, tool life, random tool, multi-pocket tool
- Multi-axis electronic cam
- Cross compensation
- Volumetric compensation to crrect both asymmetries and mechanical misalignments of the machine